Sheridan Maine is recruiting for a Payroll clerk for established Payroll Bureau based in Meriden Coventry. You will be based in modern offices in a very attractive location. The role is going to be highly consultative with high focus on service.
Our client is a fast growing Payroll bureau and IT support business supporting businesses throughout the UK. The company have gone through rapid growth over the last few years and have now secured another large long term contract with more expected to be secured.
About the Role
This role will suit someone who is an established Payroll administrator looking for a desirable and supportive environment. You will be performing payroll and administrative duties to support clients of the bureau offering high levels of service and consultation.
- Process correct and timely salary payments across all allocated UK & international payrolls, in accordance with client service level agreements and specifications, following correct processes and agreed client authorisation levels.
- Provide a specialist payroll support and advice service to clients, including understanding the impact of events and actions on payslips and the ability to provide comprehensive and detailed payslip explanations.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulatory region legislation in respect of processing of all payments to employees, as well as income tax, National Insurance/Social Insurance, pensions and National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
- Processing of new starters, leavers, personal and job amendments, company sick pay and any other third party/ad-hoc payments and deductions where required.
- Ensure client payrolls are reconciled accurately and timely following set checks and balances, and management reporting is in line with client requirements.
- Generation and reconciliation of payments when required, including TT, BACS and cheque if applicable.
- Processing of Real Time Information, including electronic return of Full Payment Submissions (FPS) and Employer Payment Summary.
- Processing and validation of all tax and National Insurance/Social Insurance documentation, in accordance with local legislation, including P6, P9, P45 and New Starter Declarations.
- Apply and validate statutory payments and processes, in line with legislative framework, including SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP, ShPP, Student Loans, Court Orders, Local Authority deductions and NMW/NLW.
The ideal person for this role will have previous experience within a Payroll bureau or a shared service environment. This type of role would suite an experienced processer who is customer focused and experienced with external payroll. You will need to be patient and able to manage multiple projects at once.
- Minimum of two years’ payroll experience, preferably in a bureau or multi-payroll environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with a clear personal commitment to meeting client requirements in order to deliver a high quality service.
- Highly analytical and attentive, with the ability to solve problems
- Professional outlook and personality, with excellent customer service skills and the ability to operate under pressurised situations.
- Flexible outlook and approach to workload and working hours, to accommodate fast moving projects and ever evolving processes and changes to legislation.
- Ability to plan, prioritise, organise and review progress of client payrolls, effectively scheduling work to fit in with deadlines, in order to maximise productivity.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (particularly Word and Excel) to a reasonable standard
What’s on Offer:
- Prior working knowledge of Northgate PS Enterprise, Access SelectPAY and/or SAP payroll
- Experience of working in a payroll/payroll systems migration environment, and understanding the change that this brings about
- Experience of Irish payroll compliance and legislation
- CIPP (or similar) payroll qualification
You will be working in very attractive office with great scenery and a calming feel. The office has a family feel and the role offers diversity and a genuine opportunity to develop your career. This is a genuinely wonderful working environment in a business who are very interested in developing their staff. Salary:
Up to 23,000 P/A