We have an incredible opportunity to join a market leading 3PL distributor. They require an experienced Transport Manager to work at their busy site in Maidstone.
This is a new site so experience in man management within a changing environment would be beneficial.
The role is based at Maidstone
Salary is up to £45,000 (DOE)
Shifts on offer - Days (Hours TBC) – Due to this being a new site,flexibility will be required around working hours/start/finish times.
As Transport Manager you will have full accountability for Transport Operational function to achieve effective a deficient operations with excellent standards of service, efficiency and performance. You will be accountable for ensuring that all legal and Transport compliance processes and procedures are adhered to along with responsibility for the Transport site strategy.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Day to day management of the Transport Operations function
- Identify, propose and manage resource to enable the Transport function to deliver its objectives
- Build and motivate the team, including recruitment, performance management and ongoing tem development
- Identify opportunities for improved efficiencies with the Transport function
- Review, report and address any specific performance issues or complaints about service issues
- Maintain a positive relationship with the site union representative and involvement in negotiations as appropriate.
- Management and accountability if the budget fir the unit, involvement in annual budget planning to agree ongoing Transport budget
To be considered for the role as Transport Manager you must have several years’ Transport Management experience
- National and International CPC is essential
- Retail experience is essential
- Experience of convenience networks is advantageous
- Minimum A Level or equivalent
- Excellent people manager with good communications skills plus the ability to communicate objectives and information, inspiring the team to deliver
Package & Prospects
- Able to add value through an engaging management style.
- Experienced and competent with WMS. (Red Prairie Despatch is preferable.)
On offer is an excellent package with a salary of up to £45,000 plus excellent benefits which include, pension.
This an excellent opportunity to develop your career with an employer highly recognised for the development and welfare of their staff.Location:
Based in Maidstone and is commutable from: