Pertemps, one of the UK’s largest independent recruiters is currently working on behalf of a well-established and well-grounded logistics company with a site based in Wellingborough to recruit for experienced HGV1 who are able to work on Class 1 and Class 2 routes
Our client, now one of the world’s leading logistics providers has a history of 125 years evolving from a traditional freight forwarder to a leading global provider of innovative and fully integrated supply chain solutions.
*DAY/NIGHT POSITIONS AVAILABLE*
Our clients is offering:
As an HGV1/Class 1 Driver your duties will include, but not subject to:
- Modern fleet with a focus on developing technology to reduce carbon emissions
- Mercedes and DAF 14t, 18t and Urban Artics
- Latest Driving Aids – supporting a safe working environment
- Multi temperature vehicles
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised canteen – serving hot and cold food
- Temp-Perm contract schemes (Offering £30,000 + working any 5 from 8 days per week, Holiday, Sick Pay, Discounts and Savings)
As a HGV1 Driver you will have the following skills and experience:
- Store deliveries
- Regular routes
- Multi Drop - up to 20 deliveries daily (Class 2)
- Working alongside drivers mates on specefic routes.
- Unloading totes / cages at the delivery points.
- Operating modern vehicles with the latest on board technology.
- Be required to work any 5 out of 8 days (Weekends Included)
All drivers who apply for this position, must have a valid HGV1/Class 1 Licence, which has been held for 2 or more years,a valid CPC Qualification card and valid Digi Tachograph card. This position will require an assessment which will follow by a classroom training sessions, once this has been completed successfully you will be required to attend double manned route training. This will suit any one with experience in the following: Multi Drop, 18t Class 2,HGV 2, Class 1, HGV 1
- Previous HGV1/HGV2 driving experience (1 years/180days experience in the last 2 years).
- No more than 6 points/endorsements on driving licence.
- Good attention to detail.
- Positive attitude, very flexible and reliable.
- Must be willing to work on Class 1 and Class 2 vehicles to assist with client requirements
*Pertemps also have HGV 1 AND HGV2 WORK IN SURROUNDING AREAS*