Subject leader required – Humanities
**required for April 2017
**Specialising in History & Geography
** Lewisham area of London
**Inner London pay scale + TLR 1d (12,897)
**KS3,4, & 5
Are you a teacher that delivers high quality teaching and learning in the classroom? Ensuring good quality planning, marking and record keeping? If so, I would like to hear from you.
Hourglass education are seeking a Humanities subject leader, the successful candidate will specialise in History & Geography with experience of teaching across a range of abilities and ages, up to KS5.
With 1,200 students on roll including 200 in our 6th form, the schools latest Ofsted report has resulted ‘requires improvement’. The school of course have plans to improve this result and an interim inspection in October proved that this is the case that the school is improving. The Head let me know that there might be an academy solution for January 2018.
Reading the head teachers message, it is a diverse, community led school and 'it has been a pleasure for her to see the positive progress the students are making'
- Experience of teaching history and or geography at all key stages including KS5.
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of history or geography – local and national.
- Relevant and successful recent teaching experience of history or geography including KS3/4/5 classes.
- Proven record of high quality teaching and classroom management.
- Experience of grading strategies that have had impact on raising individual student and whole school standards.
- Ability to manage a range of middle management tasks to deadlines.
- A proven record of leading and managing staff effectively.
- A proven record of meeting own and other team members’ professional development needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead initiatives with successful outcomes.
- Ability to meet the needs of all students.
- Successful experience in managing humanities projects / initiatives.
- Leading a positive learning ethos within the history or geography team.
. You must:
- Hold UK QTS, QTLS, or an overseas teaching qualification
- Have good subject knowledge
- Be able to manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises
- Prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes of different ages and abilities
- Mark work, give appropriate feedback and maintain records of pupils' progress and development
You would be joining a supportive, committed and experienced team who work hard to deliver innovative ad enjoyable lessons.
In return for your hard work you will receive exceptional training and support.
If you are interested, please kindly respond to my email or call me on 0203 011 5296