Hours: Full/Part time long days & Nights 7 days a week
Main duties of a Prison Nurse
- You must be have prison clearance
Am I the right person for this role? (Essential requirements)
- Provide health and social care to offenders to ensure a professional service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Undertake assessments of offenders to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- To work predominantly within own area of specialism but to operate as part of a team delivering generic primary care services.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate health service.
- Provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of offenders in line with current best practice.
- Part 1 NMC Registration
- Experience of working within a team
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 – 10 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting.