In-house European IP Counsel, West Midlands OR Oxfordshire, 5+ PQE– A unique opportunity to move in-house and handle a broad mix of non contentious IP work. Call us now on 0121 454 1004.
JOB TITLE: In-house European IP Counsel
PQE REQUIRED: 5+
LOCATION: West Midlands or Oxfordshire (Commutable from: Warwickshire, Buckinghamshire, Gloucestershire, Northamptonshire)
SALARY: £on application
The European IP Counsel will be responsible for several of the Europe-based businesses and will involve a broad mix of protecting the businesses' IP, transactional work, and client counselling. Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Providing effective, concise and timely advice to senior management, general legal counsel, engineers and commercial colleagues on IP matters, particularly in the areas of patent, trade secret, trademark and copyright law, and related disputes.
- Negotiating and advising colleagues on various IP agreements and IP aspects of commercial agreements with customers, suppliers and partners.
- Developing and implementing IP strategies for key enterprises, products and technologies. Active engagement on IP issues throughout product development processes.
- Interacting with engineers and supervising outside counsel with regard to preparing and prosecuting patent applications and protecting trade secrets.
- Monitoring and assessing third party patents and applications, particularly with regard to questions of infringement risk and/or validity, with goal of addressing legal risks before products are brought to market.
- Candidate must be licensed to practice law in at least one European jurisdiction with preference for a license to practice in the United Kingdom.
- Should have substantial experience relating to intellectual property law gained in an international law firm and/or in-house.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Can be based in either West Midlands or Oxfordshire. The ability to travel throughout the UK and Europe, often at short notice, will be required
Contact Pasquale Agatiello at eNL on 0121 454 1004 or email Pasquale.firstname.lastname@example.org
now with your CV or simply call for a confidential discussion.
If you would like to review any other vacancies we are currently handling, then please visit our web site https://enllegal.co.uk/
eNL is handling a number of IP vacancies throughout the East and West Midlands. If you are a Solicitor looking for a move, call now for a confidential discussion. As part of our candidate care process we aim to respond to all applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please go to http://www.enllegal.co.uk/candidate-registration.php
to register your interest for similar positions. Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. In addition, if you know any Solicitors who may be interested, remember we do offer up to £500 referral fee bonus (Terms and Conditions apply).