Project Manager (Construction) – Birmingham – Circa £45k + benefits
Are you an experienced construction Project Manager? Do you want to work on a varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge?
As the demand for the expertise of this leading multi-discipline consultancy continues to grow, there is now an opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join their significantly experienced and talented Project Management Team. This award winning company has offices all over the country and delivers projects worldwide. Projects vary from £1M to £300M working for a number of ground breaking clients.
As a Project Manager based in the Birmingham office you will be responsible for efficiently managing a variety of prestigious projects from inception to completion, with a clear objective of implementing the clients’ project requirements.
- Establish detailed Client's brief and responsibilities of consultants and specialists and maintain communication with the client and the design team
- Conduct feasibility studies, including site surveys, site investigation, site evaluation etc
- Co-ordinate and obtain planning consents and all necessary statutory approvals
- Manage finances from inception to completion, including cash flow forecasts, monitoring project expenditure, and recommendations of payments by client
- Interview and select contractors for tendering or negotiation, evaluate tenders received and appoint contractor
- Inspect and monitor the construction works with regard to quality and conformity to agreed specifications and drawings
- Chair progress, co-ordination and project meetings throughout the contract period
- Prepare regular reports to clients on all aspects of the project including progress, programme, costs, risks and quality
- Provide single point of contact taking responsibility for all aspects of the project and liaise with the client
- Professionally qualified with considerable Project Management experience across a range of sectors; ideally gained within a similar multi-discipline consultancy environment
- Ambitious and commercially aware
- High level of communication skills and the ability to deal with complicated issues between the clients and the highly skilled project teams
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and particularly MS Project is essential
You will receive excellent benefits including Private Health Care, a generous Company Pension scheme, 25 days holiday (increasing with years’ service), an excellent work life balance and real scope for career progression.