Role: Payroll Admin
Pay: £11-£13 per hur
Start Date: 8/10/2018
Assignment Lenght: 8 months
The overall requirement of the job is to support the Team Co-ordinator in the provision of payroll services to support business and pension scheme activities to demanding standards and deadlines.
• Detailed understanding of payroll functions, calculations (PAYE) & legislative requirements
• Understand importance of team work and knowledge sharing
• Able to construct standard letters and draft changes to procedures
• Methodical with good attention to detail
• Able to perform data input with accuracy
• Good telephone manner and organisational skills
• Good general office administration skills
• Understand the application of the Data Protection Act to payroll
• Able to perform with confidence payroll annual events
• Experience of using payroll software (desirable)
• Competent use of Excel to intermediate level (desirable)
• Able to construct non-standard letters. Able to respond appropriately to complaint letters.
• Able to check a full range of work
• Pensions exposure (desirable)
• Payroll data input and end to end payroll processing
• Dealing with basic enquiries from members, pensioners and external bodies in written form, personally or by telephone.
• Issue of payroll documentation to members e.g. payslips, P60s.
• Dealing with all except the most complex enquiries from members, pensioners and external bodies in written form, personally or by telephone.
• Calculation of payroll gross to net payments and payrolls to make pension, lump sum and other payments.
• Checking payroll work.
• Writing and updating procedures relevant to duties.
• Provide technical payroll support to Pensions Operations.
• Participating in projects as the team lead with other teams
• Train and support Level 3 administrator and any new Level 4 recruits.
• Paying benefits to members/other beneficiaries – usually by cheque.
• Bank statement reconciliations.
Click here to apply