This position is being advertised by Riverside Recruitment who operate as an employment agency.
An exciting and varied role for a key client, based from their office in Dumfries. This is an exciting position which initially will be on the agency books for 6 months, potentially to turn permanent afterwards.
For this job your duties will be to provide day-to-day IT support and develop and maintain the corporate network and applications to ensure that these are available to staff when required.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
- Installing and maintaining PCs, servers and application software including liaison with suppliers.
- Installing and maintaining network communications equipment, corporate telephone systems and mobile devices including liaison with suppliers.
- Ensuring the security and integrity of communications network.
- Providing technical support to computer users and awareness of advances in technology that may increase the effectiveness of the network.
- Assisting in the support of the corporate systems, analyse user requirements, suggest suitable solutions and provide first line support for the IT helpdesk on a rota basis.
- Providing training on systems.
- Creating high quality system and user documentation.
- Developing expertise in particular applications and providing mentoring to colleagues.
- Conducting comprehensive testing under the direction of the IT Systems Developer.
Must have requirements include a Relevant HNC or above, as well as at least 3 years’ experience of:
- system testing
- user support
- analysing and understanding user requirements
- operating in a customer focused environment
- successfully achieving objectives
- communicating and working with a wide range of stakeholders
Please note a reference will be required from a previous employer before we are able to place you into this position.
The hours and pay are Monday to Friday 9am-5pm, 35 hours per week. Paid at £11 per hour. Starting immediately.
If you feel this position is suitable to you please forward a CV today.