Our client are a busy legal firm based in Edinburgh. They have a requirement for a Conveyancing Paralegal to join the team on the residential property side. The role is full time and permanent with salary flexible depending upon experience. A rough guide or salary bracket would be from £25,000 to £32,000.
The successful candidate will guide clients through the process of buying/selling property, to draft legal documentation, and by liaising with solicitor firms, lenders and clients to ensure that the sale and/or purchase of a property is successfully completed to the agreed date of entry.
Duties will include:
- Drafting legal documentation and exhibiting same to the buyers/sellers solicitors
- Meeting clients prior to legal settlement to sign the relevant deed(s)
- Ensuring all funds are in place by the client and lender prior to purchasing for clients. Also to ensure that net proceeds and the final mortgage redemption is paid immediately after the clients' sale
- Registering dispositions and standard securities
- Ensuring that clients' expectations are met at all times and are updated at all times
- Examination of title
- Knowledge of conveyancing procedures
- Ability to draft legal documentation
- Ability to draft cash statements
- Prioritising workload and meeting strict deadlines
- Excellent level of communication skills
- Ability to work as an individual as part of a team
To be considered for this role you will have experience of managing your own caseload. This position would suit a qualified paralegal with experience in similar role.
If you have relevant experience please apply below or email your up to date cv to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information or to discuss the role in more detail, please call me for a confidential conversation on 0131 225 7531.