Our client have engaged with Pertemps exclusively to recruit a Paralegal for their busy Commercial Property and Real Estate team in Edinburgh. The role is a permanent post with the client being flexible on salary to ensure they find the right person. Due to the nature of the role the client will consider people who would prefer full or part time employment. The key objective of this role is to provide paralegal support to senior staff.
Duties will include:
- Supporting senior staff in general conveyancing matters including preparation of conveyancing drafts
- Dealing with servitude transactions for private clients
- Carrying out day to day work in connection with the process Land Registration
- LBTT returns and submissions
- Effective communication with clients, Registers of Scotland and third party plan providers
- Registering deeds
- Dealing with settlements
- Preparation of legal documentation as necessary including affidavits
- Preparation of draft fee notes including drafting narratives
- Review plans/examine Title documentation to establish progress and extract burdens writs
- Display a working knowledge of titles and necessary documentation
- Instruct Searches and Property Enquiry Certificates
- Arranging payments through credit & debit entries
Previous experience of working in as a paralegal within commercial property/real estate is required.
A paralegal qualification is preferred but not essential.
If you have the relevant experience as a paralegal within commercial property or real estate, please apply below or email firstname.lastname@example.org with an up to date cv. Further information can also be obtained by calling in on 0131 225 7531. Feel free to call me for a confidential discussion.