A leading public sector client is looking for an experienced, CCAB qualified Oracle Financials accountant to work within the finance team in their Edinburgh office. This is initially a 6 month contract (fixed term or day rate considered) and they are looking for someone to start in March.
What we are looking for
- Supporting the development of information management and financial systems
- Identify areas where development can add value
- Help integrate the GL and sub-ledger tools to enhance accuracy of reports and analysis
- Aid with cash management to help manage budgets and actuals and enhance cash forecasting
- Optimise the system
- Help connect finance with other areas of the organisation such as HR and Procurement
- Act as the first point of contact in relation to financial systems
- Ad hoc project work
You will be qualified accountant (CCAB or equivalent) who is immediately available for a period of six months. You will be able to demonstrate very strong experience with Oracle Financials, it would be helpful to have strong SQL experience (or other relational database management systems) as well be conversant with the setting up, maintenance and enhancement of accounting systems and helping configure how they gather and present data.