Pertemps Specialist Division are currently recruiting a Legal Secretary for a leading law firm within Edinburgh City Centre. You must be able to work in a fast paced environment with a great work ethic.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To act as a point of contact between the clients in the absence of, or at the request of, the fee earners; taking telephone calls, making appointments, conveying messages and assisting with simple queries of a factual nature.
- Ensuring that all documents and files are kept in an orderly manner and in accordance with such procedures as are in place within the Company.
- Provide cover for Reception/Telephonist as required – Meetings/Absences
- Undertake all tasks consistent with a legal secretarial role eg scanning, photocopying, sending and receiving facsimiles.
- Dealing with enquiries from clients
- Arranging appointments using the diary management system
- Preparing letters court documents and audio typing
- Delivering and collecting documents
- Copying, scanning and faxing, including preparation of bundles
The requirements are:
- You must be well spoken and presentable.
- Must be able to handle own workload with minimal supervision.
- Be willing to learn our cloud-based Case Management System and digital dictation software.
- Have good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise your own workload.
- Have excellent time management skills.
- Be able to parachute into new projects and see them to completion.