Pertemps Specialist Division are currently recruiting a Finance Officer to join fantastic team on a permanent basis in Edinburgh City Centre. The purpose of the role is to ensure that accounting, payroll, payment, receipt, banking and cash handling data is processed accurately and contribute to the continuous improvement of these processes.
- To process financial data relating to sales invoicing, payment processing, journals and payroll accurately and promptly
- Produce accurate and timely account reconciliations
- Undertake year-end processes to support the drafting of accurate Financial Statements
- Provide ad-hoc financial information and data at the request of Finance Manager to assist in the production of statutory returns
- Practice good data protection and information security management and ensure familiarity with relevant NMS policies, procedures and guidelines.
- To be committed to good health & safety and access practice and ensure familiarity with National Museums health & safety and access policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Reliable and accurate provision of payment, receipt and associated services.
- Ensure compliance, in all departments and locations, with NMS's financial procedures.
- Ensure compliance with HMRC requirements.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Financial administration processes in a similarly sized organisation
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel, Word, Outlook and financial IT systems
- Team working
- Ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise own workload
- Payroll administration
- VAT in practice
- Understanding of the accounting and regulatory environment in a charity and/or NDPB context
- Ability to persuade and influence to ensure compliance of others with financial procedures
Please contact Dylan Edmond on 0131 225 7531 for more information. Alternatively send your CV to Dylan.Edmond@pertemps.co.uk