Talented Structural Engineer needed!
We are delighted to be looking for a Structural Engineer who is working toward chartered status to work for an award winning practice in Bath. This practice covers traditional engineering sectors such as; education, residential, commercial and healthcare. However, they are recognised for their contemporary yet historically in keeping designs as well as specialising in sensitive engineering techniques for historic structures. My client has offices based near central Bath and a has pleasant working environment. This office covers sites across the South West and London.
As a Structural Engineer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Detailed design and analysis duties on building structures from a range of sectors including unique historical projects
- Leading a design team and mentoring juniors
- Undertaking site visits, supporting site managers on technical issues
- Obtaining a good understanding of issues on site and devising and providing solutions with particular emphasis on sensitive engineer methods for historical structures
- Communicating with contractors, architects and clients
- Working towards a position in senior management
- Undertaking site visits and ensuring the timely delivery of projects
Past and current projects include:
- The restoration of Bath Abby
- A £14M contemporary Glass and steel museum for a iconic British sporting institution
- The £15M conversation of a historic power station into a educational facility
- A number of bespoke and challenging residential projects
The business is constantly evolving it’s methods of working, becoming increasingly familiar and proficient with three-dimensional analysis and detailing. They believe there is an imperative to keep up with technology and aspire to be pioneering application of BIM and other innovative techniques such as photogrammetry and dynamic assessment, particularly in heritage projects. Current software packages include Revit and Tekla Building Designer
Essential criteria for this role:
- A relevant degree in civil or structural engineering
- Experience working with building structures
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of the design process
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well known business in the South West. This practice is a major player in their market and needs talented engineers to help grow their team further. They offer yearly international study trips, this is an excellent demonstration of their commitment to CPD among their staff.