*COVID-19 notice* The proposed start date for this role may change depending on working restrictions and will discussed/agreed should candidates be successful at interview.
Are you an experienced Structural Engineer with a passion for building structures, looking to join a leading local consultancy?
RGB Recruitment are working with a medium sized multidisciplinary engineering consultancy, assisting them in their search for a skilled structural engineer to join the regional office in Plymouth
Bordering on 100 staff across a number offices this practice has gone from strength to strength in recent years. The Plymouth office has recernyl benefitted from fresh members of it's senior management and is entering an exciting new phase.
The practice offers a contemporary and stylish working environment with a refreshing approach to a healthy work – life balance. They are proud to offer;
- Flexible working hours to suit personal commitments
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Salary reviews every 6 months
This business prefers to take an architecturally lead approach to it’s work, it is not surprise that it is working on some of the region’s most important new developments.
As you’d expect the Plymouth office largely deals with projects based in the South West, it does however also work further afield, projects include but are certainly not limited to:
- Multi-storey concrete frames up to £70m in value
- Hospitals – both new build and refurb
- Blue light and mountain rescue centres in remote areas of Brecon, circa £20m
- Education projects in areas such as Bristol, Bath and Exeter
We are happy to spread the net fairly wide for this vacancy and will be considering candidates from experienced engineers approaching chartereship to Prinicpal Structural Engineers. Responsibilities will vary slightly depending on experience, please find a summary below:
- Leading and delivering projects from inception to completion while assisting in the smooth running of the office's technical operations
- Ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed and submitted
- Undertaking site visits, undertaking surveys and preparing reports
- Hands on design and analysis using software such as Tekla, Tedds and ROBOT
- Liaising and building lasting relationships with clients, contractors and architects…. This should be a part of the job you really enjoy!
- Helping in the development of junior technicians and engineers
- IF not already chartered, completing key objectives for ICE or IStructE review
This business is quite easily up ther eas one of the most successful and thriving engineering consultancies in the South West and South Wales, they have seen a sustained period of growth which seems only set to continue.
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000