Contemporary practice, central Exeter!
An established Civil and Structural consultancy in Exeter is in need of an Structural Technician to help service their growing pipeline of work and aid them with the implementation of BIM software such as Revit. This business has two offices, one based in the South West and the other in the South East. With the business ready to adopt new BIM facilities the next step is to find a Structural Technician from a buildings background who is enthusiastic.
You will be required to support the Senior Structural Designers while managing your own workload which will include:
- Producing working drawings and structural details for a variety of projects in all traditional materials; Timber, Masonry, Steel and Reinforced concrete
- Structural modelling with software including but not limited to Revit Structure
- Training and mentoring junior CAD and BIM staff as the team grows
- Liaising with other parties in the design process
- Attending design team meetings
At present the team is small so the ability to communicate with clients, contractors and architects is essential. You will be working on a varied mix of residential and commercial projects which include both refurbishment and new build.
- Experience with AutoCAD is essential
- Experience with Revit is desirable although full training will be given
- RC and Steel detailing experience is essential
- Working knowledge of building structures and the design process
On offer is a competitive salary between £25,000 and £35,000, company pension and a flexible benefits package. The company’s offices are based not far from ExeterCity Centre