Sheridan Maine is recruiting for an Finance Manager in a well-known Retail organisation on a permanent basis, based around the Cannock area.
Our client is a market leading business in their field, national retail organisation where due to growth and a restructure they are enhancing their Finance team. The business is very well known in the market area.
About the Role
As the Senior Finance Manager you will primarily be, responsible for Balance Sheet, monthly management accounts, Head Office cost centres as well as dealing with external auditors and the entire Finance Function. You will act as No.2 to the FD and provide really accountancy insight to business and Senior Management and other businesses across the Group.
Further Duties and Responsibilities
What are we looking for?
- Monitor performance of business vs plan, producing regular forecasts
- Monthly Management Accounts
- Run a Transactional Finance Function
- Manage a small team
- Design and implement accounting process improvements.
- VAT Returns
- Contribute to Finance projects
- Analyse complex datasets which directly impact the financial results of the business, including the use of statistical packages
- Look after individual businesses within the Group.
- Utilise Excel functionality to generate accurate accounting entries and provide Management Information
What is offer?
- Qualified CIMA/ ACCA or equivalent. Part Qualified or QBE to be considered.
- High level of initiative
- Good knowledge of accounting systems, processes and reconciliations/controls
- Experience within a retail background is preferred but not essential
A salary of up to £45,000 including pension and company benefits
This is a superb opportunity that will offer a challenging yet rewarding one. The individual will have a strong personality and have had experience within retail (preferable but not essential) and return you will be remunerated with a welcoming package. The business is a great brand and you will have the ability to really stretch your potential and catapult our financial career to senior management. This is a genuine No. 2 role and have direct route to Finance Director.