Teaching Assistant wanted – Alternative Provision, Sandwell.
This Pupil Referral Unit are looking for an dynamic and motivated Teaching Assistant to work with secondary aged students who have faced barriers to learning. You will be working in small groups with children who have experienced behaviour based challenges. You will be responsible for ensuring that students are engaged with lessons and managing low level disruption. Working closely with teaching and support staff to provide excellent support to students, you will have the opportunity to build rapport with students and help them to continue their academic development. This is a rewarding opportunity for a Teaching Assistant who has experience working with challenging behaviour. Easily accessible from Dudley, Tipton, Oldbury, Halesowen, West Bromwich and Birmingham.
Ideally you will be:
- A TA or Learning Mentor used to working with children and young adults with barriers to learning
- A confident classroom practitioner able to support lessons in a creative and inspiring manner
- Used to finding creative solutions to challenging behaviour
- Encouraging participation in lessons
- Happy to work on a 1-2-1 or small group basis
- Able to provide support to teaching staff across core subjects
- A friendly, professional and dedicated Teaching Assistant or Learning Mentor
- Able to provide recent, relevant education references
In return you will enjoy:
- Good rates of pay
- Long-term opportunity
- Plenty of support at school level
- Working as part of a fabulous team
- Being part of something that will enable you to make a real difference.
For more information please contact Harry Chase for a chat and to progress to interview.
If this position is of interest to you, then send a copy of your CV to Harry.Chase@theeducationnetwork.co.uk or call us directly for a brief conversation in the first instance - 01214238000.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy