PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE A NVQ 2 PLUMBING QUALIFICATION.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in West London for a Plumber to join the maintenance team dealing with repairs to social housing in the area.
- Responsible for being part of a multi-disciplined works team within the housing repairs function delivering effective repairs within the cost & quality parameters of the DLO ensuring health and safety compliance and best practice. To work in a professional and flexible manner that meets the demands of the customers.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- To carry out all types of plumbing work both internally and externally, including new installations, maintenance and remedial works in order to complete projects to the customer or client satisfaction as directed by your line manager or other nominated designate.
- To carry out all types of repairs & maintenance works both internally and externally, including drainage, fencing, decorating, small maintenance tasks, demolition and alteration works and remedial works in order to complete projects to the customer or client satisfaction as directed by your line manager or other nominated designate.
- Undertake associated duties as agreed in the flexible working agreement in order to contribute to groups ‘one job one visit’ objective.
- Plan and organise work in an economical and effective manor, making the best use of your available time, plant, transport and materials in accordance with specified company priority response times.
- To operate within a scheduled appointment system including liaison with customers, other team members in order to effectively undertake the works.
- Use all necessary plumbing tools plant and equipment associated with the post and plumbing duties undertaken.
- Manage materials as effectively as possible with regards to minimising waste, choice of specification and logistics.
- Operatives with a minimum of 3 years relevant trade experience to undertake the supervision and training of apprentices, trainees or other employees as assigned to effective standards and specifications.
- To undertake pre-measuring work in order to assess works required and ensure its completion.
- Use a company issued PDA where provided to carry out the job role. e.g. receiving instructions, accurately completing works orders, general communications and ordering materials. Where there is a requirement complete any necessary paperwork related to the repair.
- Take ownership for each repair updating the customer with reasons when it is not possible to complete a repair. Refer to the call centre / supervisor agree arrangements with customer to complete the repair.
- To drive company vehicles in a careful professional manner and take care of your allocated vehicle by completing weekly inspections and weekly cleaning of vehicle, in accordance with all company procedures.
- Maintain and operate an agreed range of stock and equipment within the vehicle provided.
- Notify your line manager by ‘phone call’ of any unexpected absence due to illness in line with company policy.
- Develop excellent relationships with tenants / leaseholders and other stakeholders whilst providing the works service
- Interact with the other contractors to ensure that repairs are met by the appropriate team and that the customer is always aware who is carrying out the repair.
- Undertake individual or corporate training and development in association with your role and duties.
- Liaise as required with customer services advisors, other area of the business or contractors to ensure the work is properly co-ordinated and the necessary works are fully completed.
- Ensure the compliance of all minimum standards of work, customer care requirements and key performance measures in undertaking the role.
- Ensure the observance of all statutory and local safety, health and environmental precautions and report immediately any accidents or breaches of safety procedures to your line manager in accordance with the company policies.
Full job description will be provided for shortlisted candidates