Hours: Full Time- Monday- Friday 9am-5pm
Start Date: asap
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a West London local authority currently in the process of bringing its property repairs and maintenance services back in-house and forming its own DLO.
There is currently an urgent requirement for 8 domestic electricians to join the team, with the position turning permanent after 6 months.
- 18TH EDITION IS ESSENTIAL FOR THIS ROLE
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- City & Guilds 2357 NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in Electrical installation.
- BS7671 18th Edition
- Achievement Measurement 2 (AM2)
- City & Guilds 2391 (or equivalent) Inspection & testing
- Responsible for being part of a multi-disciplined works team within the housing repairs function delivering compliant fire detection installations and effective repairs within the cost & quality parameters of the DLO ensuring health and safety compliance and best practice. To work in a professional and flexible manner that meets the demands of the customers.
- To carry out all types of Electrical work both internally and externally, including new installations, repairs, maintenance, fault finding, commissioning and remedial works in order to complete projects to the client’s satisfaction as directed by your line manager or other nominated designate.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Undertake associated duties as agreed in the flexible working agreement in order to contribute to groups ‘one job one visit’ objective.
- Plan and organise work in an economical and effective manor, making the best use of your available time, plant, transport and materials in accordance with specified company priority response times.
- To operate within a scheduled appointment system including liaison with customers, other team members in order to effectively undertake the works.
- Use all necessary electrical tools, plant and equipment associated with the post and electrical duties undertaken.
- Manage materials as effectively as possible with regards to minimising waste, choice of specification and logistics.
- Operatives with a minimum of 3 years relevant trade experience to undertake the supervision and training of apprentices, trainees or other employees as assigned to effective standards and specifications.
- To undertake pre-measuring work in order to assess works required and ensure its completion.
- Use a company issued PDA where provided to carry out the job role. e.g. receiving instructions, accurately completing works orders, general communications and ordering materials. Where there is a requirement complete any necessary paperwork related to the repair.
- Take ownership for each repair updating the customer with reasons when it is not possible to complete a repair. Refer to the call centre / supervisor agree arrangements with customer to complete the repair.
- To drive company vehicles in a careful professional manner and take care of your allocated vehicle by completing weekly inspections and weekly cleaning of vehicle, in accordance with all company procedures.
- Maintain and operate an agreed range of stock and equipment within the vehicle provided.
- Notify your line manager by ‘phone call’ of any unexpected absence due to illness in line with company policy.
- Develop excellent relationships with tenants / leaseholders and other stakeholders whilst providing the works service
- Interact with the other contractors to ensure that repairs are met by the appropriate team and that the customer is always aware who is carrying out the repair.
- Undertake individual or corporate training and development in association with your role and duties.
- Liaise as required with customer services advisors, other area of the business or contractors to ensure the work is properly co-ordinated and the necessary works are fully completed.
- Ensure the compliance of all minimum standards of work, customer care requirements and key performance measures in undertaking the role.
- Ensure the observance of all statutory and local safety, health and environmental precautions and report immediately any accidents or breaches of safety procedures to your line manager in accordance with the company policies.
No job profile can cover every issue that may arise within the post and from time to time the jobholder is expected to carry out other duties commensurate with the general character of the post and it’s grading as requested by the Contracts Manager.
Flexible working duties
This list is not designed to be prescriptive in nature. It is written to provide suitable guide to demonstrate the flexible working tasks undertaken by an electrician.Cables and Fittings:
- Cutting / making good chases to walls and floors
- Remove / refix access panels and ducts
- Renewing rotten floorboards around cables