A well respected and reputable provider of services and solutions to clients across the UK.
From their modern and attractive offices in Shirley, its management and team work hard to create a fun and dynamic environment where every team member has a valuable role to play in the success and continued growth of the business.
Reporting to, and supported by the management team your responsibilities will include:
- management of the full end-to-end monthly payroll process for the growing workforce (currently approaching 1000)
- maintaining accurate and confidential records
- preparing reports
- providing payroll information and competently resolving queries as necessary.
You will also play an important role in welcoming new employees to the business. For example, where employees have TUPE’d across as a result of a new contract win you might be one of their first points of contact within the business, so a warm and friendly manner on the phone, and sometimes in person, will be important.
As is the case in many SME businesses, this role will be broad and varied. Sitting within the HR department you will be encouraged to support with wider HR duties and as the business continues to grow, so too will the need for development of its Payroll and HR processes. This position will give you a fantastic opportunity for personal and professional development as the role itself will undoubtedly grow over the long term, playing a vital role in shaping the future of the function, and indeed the business.
To be successful in this role you must have solid experience of end-to-end payroll management and pension schemes.
- Experience of Sage Payroll 50 and NEST pensions would be highly desirable but not essential.
- A positive and proactive “can do” attitude is a minimum. Someone who can work independently but who thrives being part of a vibrant and lively team will enjoy this environment.
- Some knowledge of HR practices and a keen interest in developing in this area would be ideal.
If this sounds like the type of opportunity which fits your character and aspirations, please get in touch without delay! If you’re not interested but know someone who might be, please let me know. Successful referrals will be rewarded.
Salary to £25k (Negotiable)
Hours - Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm (30 minutes lunch break)