Commercial PipeFitter / Plumber - London
Job title: Commercial Pipefitter
Reporting to: Small works Manager
Hours: Full Time 08:00 - 17:00
Location: London and South East
Vehicle: Van & Fuel Card
Holidays: 25 days holiday
Call out Rota: Approximately 1 week in 8
Overtime rate: Time and a half or double time plus standby allowance of £100
Client Offices : Surrey
• We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our small works department specialising in commercial heating & ventilating, pipefitting, and welding.
• The role includes installation of new heating components, pipework repairs, hot and cold-water systems, gas work and welding, maintenance, servicing, and fault finding of heating systems in social and private commercial properties.
• The role includes the opportunity to progress within a well-established growing company.
• Key responsibilities will include working on various sites on central heating, cold water and hot water systems.
• Installing domestic heating systems, boilers, low loss headers, system pumps, calorifiers, and all necessary ancillaries (Including repairs and maintenance)
• Install and assemble a variety of pipework including steel, copper & stainless.
• Cut & thread steel pipework using rigid pipe threader.
• Connect pipework utilising proprietary bracketing including ring clips or Unistrut systems.
• Pressure test pipework as per regulations.
• Carrying out Class 2 MMA (Manual Metal Arc) welding
• Plan installation or repair work, diligently and in good time.
• Installation of all types of heat emitters
• Understanding of commercial systems & components. i.e. Low Temp Hot Water, Medium Temp Hot Water, Variable Temp and Constant Temp Systems, Domestic Hot Water, Cold Water Down Service and Mains Hot Water, Boosted Cold Water.
• Working as part of a team and undertake Health and Safety and other training as required.
• Completing risk assessments and method statements relating to own area of work and to work in safe manner taking account other people’s health and wellbeing.
• City & Guilds Level 2 and Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Commercial Heating & Ventilation
• Specialising in pipefitting and welding
• Minimum 5yrs practical experience
• Basic Understanding of BMS systems
• Able to work under own initiative
• Able to read and process works from design drawings
• Mechanical skills
• Troubleshooting Skills
• Excellent communication, verbal & written
• Able to prioritise time & task efficiently
• Previous use of PDA’s
An individual needs to have a good work ethic, the ability to work as part of a team as well as on their own and be keen to learn within a thriving industry. Communication is key as part of our business; therefore, great communication skills are a must.
If you feel this could of interest, please send me your up to date CV.
Email: twilson @rgb.co.uk