Looking to start your career with a bang?
We are delighted to be looking for a Graduate Structural Engineer with a degree in civil, structural or architectural engineering to work for an award winning practice in Bath. As a Graduate Structural Engineer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Detailed design and analysis duties on building structures from a range of sectors including unique historical projects
- Working closely with and supporting senior engineers
- Undertaking site visits, supporting site managers on technical issues
- Obtaining a good understanding of issues on site and devising and providing solutions with particular emphasis on sensitive engineer methods for historical structures
- Communicating with contractors and architects
- Working towards chartered status and completing key objectives
- Gradually taking on more responsibility until you are leading your own projects running solo site visits
This practice covers traditional engineering sectors such as; education, residential, commercial and healthcare. However, they are recognised for their contemporary yet historically in keeping designs as well as specialising in sensitive engineering techniques for historic structures. My client has offices based near central Bath and a has pleasant working environment. This office covers sites across the South West and London.
Essential criteria for this role:
- A relevant degree in civil or structural engineering
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of the design process
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well known business in the South West. This practice is a major player in their market and needs talented engineers to help grow their team further. This role comes with a salary of £21,000 - £24,000 + package