Job Title: LGV Mechanic
Based: West London
Hours: 40 per week + overtimes and call out
Commercial Vehicle rental company, with operations both the UK and across Europe. Fleet ranges from small refrigerated vans all the way up to tractor units and refrigerated trailers.
A time served LGV/ HGV Mechanical is required: responsible for servicing, maintaining internal vehicle fleet at the depot in West London
An experienced and varsities LGV Mechanic who is well organised and efficient. Someone who possess a multiskilled of mechanics & electrics.
- To ensure all service and inspection documentation is correctly completed.
- Management of individual workload and job assignment.
- Accurate completion of job sheets and quantification of time.
- Use of workshop equipment in a correct manner.
- Contribute towards effective “preventative maintenance”.
- Ensure Health and Safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Correctly record the use of parts.
- Supply own tools as specified from the Company.
- Complete all work to a “right first time standard”.
- Prepare and submit vehicles to a standard appropriate for the issuing of an annual test certificate.
- Communicate accurately with Foreman / Manager as to Work in Progress and any anticipated delays or issues.
- Ensure that knowledge is in line with modern technologies and developments applicable to the role.
- Ensure that good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required.
Essential minimum requirement:
- Excellent knowledge of mechanics & electrics.
- Full Driving Licence (preferably including full LGV/HGV entitlements).
- Appropriate technical qualifications.
- Excellent understanding of vehicle maintenance requirements and procedures.
- Effective verbal and written skills, coupled with strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Planning and time management.
- Apprenticeship training as commercial fitter.
- Experience as a mechanic in a commercial vehicle environment.
- City & Guilds levels 1 and 2
Advantageous requirement but not essential:
- Excellent knowledge of transport refrigeration.
- Experience of training apprentices.
- Knowledge of Transportation and Logistics industry.
- Strong PC literacy.
- Understanding of vehicle maintenance.
- Refrigeration experience.
- City & Guilds level 3.
- Competitive salary (negotiable; dependant on experience)
- Out of hours call out/ Stand by pay (Call out rota)
- Paid overtime at 1.5
- Bonus scheme
- 5 Weeks Holiday plus 8 Bank holidays
- Sick pay
- Ongoing training
- Career progression prospects
- Pension scheme
- Company uniform
If you live within the above areas and are interested in this role please apply or contact firstname.lastname@example.org  directly.
Pertemps Network Group operates as both an employment agency and employment business as originally defined in the Employment Agencies Act 1973 as amended by the Employment Relations Act 1999. Pertemps is one of the largest independently owned recruitment agencies in the UK - the power of a national with the personality of a local independent
The Permanent Recruitment Hub Bristol is within The Pertemps Bristol Branch which has been established since 1980 successfully finding jobs for people and people for jobs. Supplying permanent staff to clients large and small, across the Engineering sector: FMCG, Manufacturing, Service Sector, Plant & Construction. Covering the whole of the Bristol area as well as North, South, East and West Somerset, North Bristol, South Gloucestershire and Bath. Our experienced and professionally qualified team of specialist consultants are here to help.
We are committed to eliminating unlawful discrimination and to promoting equality and diversity within our policies, practices and procedures. We are also committed to promoting equality and diversity in Pertemps Network Group. This applies to our professional dealings with clients, staff and directors and third parties.