* Our client is a growing and reputable Builders Merchant business
* You have a distribution background and can change hearts and minds regarding all things H&S related.
* They urgently require a Health and Safety Advisor to work at their Cardiff Branch
* You will ensure HSE targets are reached at all times.
* You will assist the site in achieving compliance with Health Safety & Environment Systems and procedures throughout the site.
* You will assist with the Internal Safety Audit process.
* You will help with the delivery of the MHE, Warehousing & HSE Training Plan.
* You will instruct and assess employees regarding HSE / MHE training and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
* You will help to ensure that Training targets and actions are achieved at all times.
* You will help towards the Compliance and Audit process to ensure that HSE procedures, Operator Licences for MHE, and Standard Operating processes and procedures are followed at all times.
* You are ideally NEBOSH and or IOSH certified (or equivalent) or are from a Distribution background with an underlying interest in Health & Safety.
* It is advantageous if you have Practical knowledge of: SSOW / Risk Assessments / ISO 9001 quality systems and COSHH
* You can demonstrate knowledge of distribution centre processes (warehousing & transport) and ideally have an operational background previously.