Due to exponential growth, a global automotive company with their first site in the UK situated in Warwick is currently seeking a Principal Design Engineer to take a Lead role their expanding team.
If you wish to be at the forefront of new technical requirements and orders so as to capture potential improvements this role could be for you.
- Lead transmission concept, design and packaging studies and present both internally, and to clients.
- Technical support for business development and proposals.
- Manage component and system design, detailing and 2D drawings from prototype to production.
- Drawing creation, checking and approval.
- Adhere to internal and external design standards including GD&T and support the development of new internal standards and processes.
- Liaison with, including travel to, other sites in order to co-ordinate design activities and ensure delivery is in line with the programme requirements.
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure that parts meet requirements.
- Lead continuous improvement activities.
- Evaluate results of component testing with the development team.
- Provide design input to support production and product planning.
- Understand the basics of gear design, (parallel and bevel) and have a good understanding of DFM and DFA.
- Participate in, and where required, lead DFMEA reviews.
- Effectively communicate progress to the Project Chief Engineer and the wider team.
Qualifications / Education / Experience required:
- Degree qualified (2:1 minimum) mechanical / automotive engineer.
- A minimum of 7 years' experience in efficient, innovative and lightweight transmission and driveline concepting and design.
- A very high level of technical knowledge in transmission component and system design.
- A good understanding of the testing that would be required to take a transmission into volume production.
- An automotive consulting background would be beneficial.
- Significant knowledge of prototype and volume transmission build methods, manufacturing techniques, production methods and design for service requirements.
- Able to work under pressure from demanding clients and ensure that the highest standards are maintained at all times.
- Experienced user of 3D CAD packages, PLM systems and associated processes.
- Ability to critique technical work content and reports.
- Confident user of Microsoft office based products
- Be familiar with the appropriate quality and CAD based CAE tools - specifically relating to gear, shaft and bearing analysis.
" The opportunity to work on a wide range of challenging, interesting and fast moving programs
" Career progression
" Salary: £50000-£65000
" A rate commensurate with experience
To find out more or to apply for this opportunity, please contact James Nugent on 0121 450 5020 or apply online
Technical Network provides specialist skills to the automotive, aerospace, food & drink, electrical/electronic technology, energy, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, social housing and professional services sectors, with a portfolio including advertising search, recruitment process outsourcing (RPO), interim management, permanent and contract recruitment services.
Representing Talent and Industry. Always Time Well Spent.