My Birmingham based client (B33) is currently seeking a Welder/ Brazier with a minimum of 3 months experience. Candidates with a recent qualification or apprenticeship in a similar skill set would be highly advantageous.
The company are a prolific manufacturer of refrigeration units for the supermarket industry. They are specifically recruiting for the engineering department, where main responsibilities include copper tube bending, running off technical drawings/ diagrams, and forming intricate metal parts.
Once the cooling units are assembled, they are then passed onto the coil test area, where they will be injected with a hydrogen compound to test them for leakages.
Upon full training, you will be issued with an official certificate to show that you are up-to-date with current quality standards.
Key skills include:
- Bending and fitting metal tubes
- Use of a blowtorch
- Brazing copper and other metals
- Ability to demonstrate that you can read and replicate technical drawings
It would be a great advantage if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience with gas or MIG welding
- Experience dealing with copper or other soft metals
- A background dealing with pipework
- Proof of a completed apprenticeship/ qualification in a vocational skill-set
Hours of work: 0600- 1400/ 1400- 2200 (on a weekly rotation)
Rate of pay: £8.00 per hour
Duration: Ongoing (typically on a seasonal basis)
If you feel that you have a suitable work history, are readily available and comfortable with shift work, please don't hesitate to email me on email@example.com or click to apply.