We are currently recruiting for an experienced office based Sales Account Manager for the UKs leading supplier of electrical metals and components to the electricity transmission and distribution market. Established for 15 years clients include the UK's largest operators and construction companies in the industry. Offering a base salary of up to £25,000 per annum plus an uncapped commission scheme this is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate.
Having experienced recent rapid company growth, The company is expanding their marketing operations to promote new product ranges. The role of the account manager is vital to the profitable running of the business. You will be primarily responsible for prospecting for new customers as well as developing and maintaining relationships with existing accounts. You will be expected to identify new business opportunities for the company and work with other members of the sales and management team to support the effective conversion of opportunities into sales.
Duties will include:-
- Contact new and existing customer accounts to introduce yourself and the company
- Identify and build a database of new key contacts who either buy or who influence buying decisions
- Effectively explain and communicate company and products information
- Obtain critical customer and competitor information
- Identify customer needs and sales opportunities (opportunities to quote on existing requirements, suggest new products, up selling and cross selling)
- Clearly and efficiently communicate opportunities to and liaise with other members of the account team to progress the sales process
- Build strong rapport and relationships with key contacts
- Maintain and update the contact management system to accurately record account information, activity and set future tasks
- Support marketing campaigns with follow up contacts
- Maintain high awareness and knowledge of the industry
- Achieve KPI's and Sales targets
- Attend relevant training and develop knowledge to be able to understand and sell the product portfolio
- For certain pre-defined accounts and products respond to requests for quotation by providing and accurate and timely pricing.
- Follow up your own quotations to close sales
- Maintain and manage your own account development plans
Working hours & pay:
Competitive salary depending on experience with excellent bonus scheme. Hours are optional dependant upon the candidates requirements:-
- 8.30-17:00 Monday - Friday with 1 hour lunch daily
- 9:00 -17:00 Monday - Friday with half an hour lunch daily
Suitable applicants must have 12 months minimum account manager experience with a proven track record of achievements and will ideally have experience from within 1 of the following roles:-
Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Customer Account Manager or Sales Executive.
To apply for this opportunity please select the apply button