£26 000 - £32 000
Temporary until March 2017
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Accountant to work on behalf of one of the leading utilities provider's in the North.
The role will involve offering financial support to business managers and various financial processes.
- Preparing various month end reports
- Process various month end journals
- Provide finance support to business managers
- Supporting the annual budgetary process
- Supporting the annual RRP reporting process
- Supporting the team leader whilst they supports particular sections in understanding their financial affairs
Skills / Main competencies
- Ability to understand, analyse and present financial numbers.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial matters to business managers.
- Degree or accountancy qualification - You have an undergraduate honours degree or are working towards an accountancy qualification.
- GCSE Levels - Maths and English with 'C' passes.
- It is essential that you are competent in the MS Office applications specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Management accounting service to a number of non-finance managers.
- A Levels - relevant subjects with 'C' passes.
- Variance analysis
- Report preparation
- Core accounting and finance skills - be sharp and analytical, have excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict reporting deadlines.
- Business acumen - you grasp concepts quickly and are keen and able to understand and deal with business situations. You take pride in your work to produce work of a high standard, paying the appropriate level of attention to detail.
- People skills - you are a team player and work comfortably with, and influence, a wide range of people, of varying seniority and backgrounds. You have strong communication skills, and exchange ideas and information effectively both verbally and in writing. You are committed to delivering world class customer service.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity then please apply today!
Pertemps specialise in temporary and permanent recruitment for Commercial, Industrial, Driving, Logistics, Engineering & Technical sectors.
If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available in these sectors at www.pertemps.co.uk
Seeking temporary work? All Pertemps flexible employees receive a guaranteed hours contract of employment and enjoy company benefits, so register on-line today!