Team Support Assistant
£15-17k depending on experience
Leeds City Centre
Immediate Start Available
Our client is one of the UK's leading specialists in pensions and employee benefits. Their expertise addresses the needs of both trustees and companies in pensions and actuarial services, flexible benefits, healthcare and training.
With over 40 years Professional Services experience, our client strives to be the provider of choice in pensions and employee benefit services. They are committed to providing a professional and proportionate service, tailored to our clients' needs and delivered cost effectively.
Due to continued growth, we currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Administrator to provide high-level administrative support to a specialised team.
To provide a highly organised office administration support service to a designated team within the Leeds office to help them meet their commercial and professional objectives. You will also provide ad hoc support to the wider Office Support team to cover any absence as required and at times of peak workload.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- General administration support including faxing, photocopying (including ensuring paper and toner is available and replaced), ordering stationary, reporting any broken equipment to Office Manager, scanning, binding, filing, bulk mail outs and collecting, opening and disseminating of team post
- Audio / copy typing and formatting various documents using standard templates where required
- Production of high quality PowerPoint presentations, including creating charts/graphs
- Proactively chasing, preparing, printing and arrangement of papers for meeting packs
- Ensure the team diaries, appointments and travel are efficiently organised
- Schedule, book and arrange resources / catering for conferences, meetings (including setting up meeting rooms), appointments
- Answer telephone and email queries promptly for absent team members taking messages where necessary
- Take accurate minutes at meetings when required
- Timely creation and maintenance of filing systems and archiving
- Provide suggestions to improve and streamline team processes and procedures
- Provide ad hoc support to the wider Office Support team to cover any absence as required and at times of peak workload providing assistance with
- Assist with reception cover and general duties across the department as required
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as dictated by the needs of the office or as identified by your Line manager.
Skills and knowledge required
- Highly competent administrator who finishes work to a high standard
- Excellent organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail; able to deal with more than one task at a time
- Competent with Microsoft Office software, in particular Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate and interact with staff at all levels and work under pressure whilst maintaining efficiency and effectiveness
- High standard of written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism and strong time management
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and use initiative
- Able to work independently but equally likes to work as part of a team
- Flexible and able to respond to changing demands and take on additional responsibilities as required
- Willingness to learn
- Proactively assists team members when needed
- Positive attitude and willingness to help others even when it is not your normal role responsibilities.
Applicants must have previous administrative / office experience.
The company offers excellent benefits including pension, health care, 23 days holiday, opportunities to progress and funded qualifications as applicable.
Interested? Click to apply.
If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available in these sectors at www.pertemps.co.uk
Pertemps specialise in temporary and permanent recruitment for Commercial, Industrial, Driving, Logistics, Engineering & Technical sectors.
Seeking temporary work? All Pertemps flexible employees receive a guaranteed hours contract of employment and enjoy company benefits, so register on-line today!