We are looking for an experienced Water Resources Permitting Officer for an immediate start part-time temporary assignment based in Cardiff.
The successful candidate will work 3 days per week and will be required to support the Water Resources permitting team and determine applications for Water Resources licences in accordance with policy, process and procedures.
The Permitting Centre are currently having to process an influx of renewal applications for the Water Resources regime and temporary resource is required to process and determine applications within statutory timescales.
Duties will include:-
- Supporting the permitting team to ensure process efficiency and consistency of approach.
- Determine applications for Water Resources licences by carrying out appropriate technical assessments in accordance with the Water Resources legislation and guidance.
- Issue, vary or refuse licences to time and budget
- Undertake technical screening reports to inform on applications, to include ecological habitats assessments
- Develop and maintain effective customer relationships to ensure good understanding and the efficient delivery of fit for purpose licences and transition into compliance activities.
- Produce appropriate records of decisions, actions and outcomes to justify and demonstrate that all the legal and procedural requirements have been met.
- Produce and provide regular accurate information to managers on progress, to adapt and ensure delivery of work to time and cost.
Job Specific Criteria
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline or relevant vocational training
- Experience of working as an Environmental Consultant
- Experience of engaging with external customers
- Working as part of a team
An understanding of the Water Resources Legislation and Regulations and how they relate to the Water Resources licencing process is desirable together with the ability to use basic Welsh conversational phrases.