Job Title: Allocations Manager NIGHTS
Salary: £38,000 - £42,000
Sector: Construction Supplies
Shift/Out-of-Hours Pattern: between 17:30 - 05:30 Monday to Friday/Days & Weekends as required
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering agreed KPIs and maintaining effective cost control through the management of the distribution allocations team within strategic guidelines, with the aim of delivering a seamless, high quality order to delivery to pay experience. Reporting to the national manager the primary responsibility of this role is to provide a professional and quality level of service to customers at night.
- Effectively manage, support, motivate the distribution team to consistently achieve expected levels of performance
- Effectively develop and maintain a good level of team synergy, cohesiveness and morale that result in the achievement of CSC's business goals and objectives
- Provide "on-the-job" coaching and mentoring in different aspects of the allocators role with team members as required
- Provide a point of contact to escalate difficult customer issues and in turn, effectively resolving customer issues in a timely manner
- Effectively handle customer / driver calls to achieve a positive experience
- Monitor daily pre plans in line with KPI targets
- Negotiate and use special rates when required, in conjunction with Regional Manager
- Oversee and ensure compliance with all statutory legislation and company regulations in respect of transport, health and safety, IMS and audit requirements, and any other requirements in respect of haulage and delivery arrangements
- Recruit, train and deploy appropriate levels of personnel according to business needs and priorities in agreement with the Regional Manager
The successful candidate will have a proven capability to build effective working relationships with customers and colleagues. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to use your own initiative to improve performance and service. You will ideally have at least 5 years of customer sales/service/operations/transport role experience, an excellent level of commitment to customer service, allocator cycle knowledge and understanding, a proven track record of managing and motivating a team, knowledge of the construction industry and products and knowledge of local and national geography.
A leading global organisation within the construction supplies sector. With a strong team culture, employees are truly valued and the business readily recognise the contributions they make to the company's success. The business is committed to peoples' personal and professional growth.
Interested? Click 'apply' now for an immediate interview!