Sheridan Maine are recruiting a Group Accountant on behalf of a leading FMCG Independent Wholesaler Group based near Poole and are easily commutable from Bournemouth, Southampton, Dorchester, Weymouth and the surrounding areas. Following a period of successful growth, they are seeking to continue building on their highly successful Finance function, enabling the business to pursue a strategy of expansion, product innovation and brand development.
As this is a newly created position, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape and mould this role working closely with the Financial Director. Therefore, the following scope is a basic guide to frame expectations:
- Responsible for the co-ordination and production of the Group Statutory accounts.
- Assist the FD with the preparation of consolidated information for Group business performance and cash flow reporting (actuals, forecasts, budgets and 3 year business plans).
- Help ensure the financial accuracy, integrity, control and efficiency of reporting, planning and analysis by Group Finance to the FD and the rest of the Board.
- Preparing and presenting complex financial information to management and in support of the audit process.
- Interpret financial data into high quality, accurate information to support business decisions.
- Build relationships with internal Finance teams across all subsidiary companies to develop and maintain standardised governance and reporting processes.
- Being 'up to speed' with amendments to International Financial Accounting Standards, best practice and innovation in the function.
In combination with a targeted search, we are seeking applications from ambitious Qualified Group Accountants ideally with their initial experience gained in a Top Ten Accountancy Practice. With at least 5 years PQE, you will be seeking a career enhancing role with a dynamic, highly successful and growing business.
Applicants will have a strong academic background and appropriate professional qualifications, with key attributes and skills in the following areas:
- Professionally qualified ACA / ACCA Accountant with at least 5 years PQE.
- 'Big 4' or a highly regarded Second Tier firm experience, with International Group FMCG clients is advantageous.
- Technically strong with IFRS accounting, with some experience of FRS 101 being advantageous.
- Experienced with group consolidations; working knowledge of consolidation software application is advantageous.
- Excellent Excel knowledge and able to prepare and maintain spreadsheets to a high standard.
- Good IT skills, with an excellent aptitude for understanding and developing IT systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and confident in dealing with staff at all levels.
- The primary criteria will be leadership stature and professional credibility; a proven track record of influencing and delivering value.
SM - Agy
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.