Sheridan Maine are working exclusively with an innovative and growing organisation in central Bournemouth. Working from modern open plan offices, my client is looking for someone to join the Finance team on a temporary basis for at least 2 months as an experienced Accounts Receivable Clerk.
- Assist in the setting of targets with line manager plus review of targets at month end.
- Ensure that collection duties are carried out in accordance with company policies/processes.
- Maximise collections.
- Minimise aged debt, bad debt and DSO.
- Collaborate with business units to achieve above.
- Perform credit limit controls and credit risk assessment as and when required.
- Ensure that continuous improvement is achieved.
- Ensure that quality and customer service standards are high.
- Log all disputes according to the process document.
- Investigate the dispute to determine which department to liaise with.
- Assist in the resolving of disputes in a timely manner.
- Assist the relevant departments to locate all relevant paperwork.
- Collection of all Direct Debits & entering details on the system.
- Carry out twice monthly submissions and Re-Submissions following checking process.
- Process and follow up on submission failures.
- Submit final report to Sales Ledger for cash posting.
- Submit final report to line manager twice monthly.
As and when required prepare and distribute accurate and timely:
- Aged debt, unpaid deposit and red flag reports.
- Monthly review of targets & collections.
- Customer statements.
This role would suit someone who can work under pressure that has excellent communications skills and is flexible. You must be very customer focussed, organised with an analytical mind. Previous Accounts Receivable experience essential and advanced Excel.
Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm
25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays pro-rata.
Sociable company with dress down Friday and regular team drinks and meals.
SM - Emp Bus
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.