Sheridan Maine are recruiting for a Management Accountant to join the UK Finance team, providing the business with support and guidance and assisting in the development of tools to predict report and maintain project and financial performance.
You will be involved in all day to day and month end activities including variance analysis.
- Creation of new Cost Centres / Profit Centres, maintain Profit Centre hierarchy tables, Cost Centre statistical data, Allocation Cycles based on head count and Sqm, charge out rates per division.
- Responsible for collection / preparation of the Budget / Forecast process and the implementation in SAP and transition / support to new ERP system.
- Monthly cost centre reviews with Divisional / department heads, Budget vs. Actuals vs. Forecast YTD.
- Point of contact for all cost centre queries and corrections via journal postings.
- Responsible for the creation for all internal projects including R&D and investment projects, ensuring that settlement rules are correct and budget upheld.
- Reporting the detailed utilisation analysis by division including breakdown of labour recovery, non-recoverable time, bidding, R&D and internal projects. This extends to benchmarking and labour demand analysis.
- Preparation and input of the Accruals and Prepayments.
- Monthly review of Phased Trial Balance, Profit and Loss and Cash flow. Including commentary of major variances.
Qualifications and experience:
- Ability to present information at varying levels of detail, aimed appropriately depending on the level of the audience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Trustworthiness and respect for confidential information.
- Ability to work closely with budget holders to assist them in their decision making, provide guidance on finance related issues and feedback on actual performance and deviations from targets.
- Good knowledge of operating within a business organisation with involvement in financial reporting aspects within a structured group.
- Strong excel skills.
- High levels of accuracy and excellent analytical skills to be able to collate significant amounts of data and analyse accurately to provide meaningful commentary and explanations for variations from budget.
- Knowledge of SAP.
This is a temporary contractor position for an initial period of 6 months that may be extended and/or become permanent. The working hours are full-time (37 hours per week), Monday to Friday; exact working hours to be agreed with line manager. Holiday entitlement is 20 days + 8 public holidays per year, increasing to 25 days holiday after qualification.
SM - Agy
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.