Pertemps are currently recruiting a DATA and GIS Officer in the Bangor/Aberyswyth Area (North Wales). Working for a local welsh government sponsored body that has become operational and taken over the natural resources of wales. This is a great opportunity for people who excel in planning and knowledge strategy who are looking to develop their career.
Job Purpose and Responsibilities
- Working to the enterprise, Data Management; specialist Adviser, the candidate will support they delivery o a data and GIS project that is part the local government sponsored bodies wider program.
- Deliver new approaches to the sustainable management of the natural resources.
- Support the delivery of evidence of the wellbeing assessments under the wellbeing and Future Generation Act.
- Assist the Specialist adviser and the DATA and GIS Specialists by managing, mobilising, quality assuring, collation and dissemination environmental evidence identified as priorities fir the sustainable management of SMNR and wellbeing assessments.
- Supposed delivery of evidence for the high level requirements for the SMNR as defined by the specialists adviser.
- Provide the technical support in locating, collating and delivering data and GIS for SMNR, in-line with the approach identified by the specialist adviser.
- Building relationships with Specialist Advisers, DATA and GIS Specialists and Colleagues within the Business. Establishing good working relationships with data leads across to collate, manage and disseminate evidence they may manage.
- Delivering results for the Data and GIS Specialists.
- Collate and Maintain Inventory maps and Data that are defined but the specialists advisers.
- Help identify and implement innovative approached to interrogating, presenting and displaying their maps and data to help implement the SMNR approach.
The ideal candidate:
- Have a good grounding in Natural environment or computer science. (Environment, Geography or information technology)
- Good Data Management and/or GIS Skills
- Willing to learn new systems and I.T packaged
- Good I.T Literacy – Windows, Microsoft office, Relations to database and desktop GIS, web mapping technologies.
- Good Written and Verbal communication
- Good Organisational skills
- Good time management
- Able to work within a small team and partner organisations
- Full Times 37 hours per Week.
- Fixed Term (to the end of March2017, with possibility of extension)
- Salary: £24,828
Pertemps are an employment agency working on behalf of our client for the Data and GIS Vacancy.
We’ve been helping people find the right jobs and helping employers find the right people since 1961.
The reason we’ve been so successful is simple: we make sure we know our business inside out. Permanent, temporary, or contract positions, private or public sector, we do our utmost to find the right people for the right jobs. Our commitment has allowed us to build an impressive client list, from major organisations to small businesses, that trust us to find them the very best people.
If you’re looking for a job, we have the experience, advice and contacts you need. With over 100 branches throughout the UK, we’re never far away.
TO APPLY CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON NOW