Senior Buyer European Projects
39,000 - 46,000
Are you an ambitious Buyer? Do you want to be involved in international projects worth over 1Billion? Are you looking for a new position with the opportunity to influence the Procurement strategy of a major FTSE 50 organisation?
About the role
As a Senior Buyer, you'll tackle our largest and most complex buying challenges. You'll be in charge of daily strategic procurement events in your area and a portfolio of up to 100m.
You'll own your own Category, deliver category strategies and be responsible for spotting new commercial opportunities.
The senior buyer will be responsible for the full end to end procurement of very large multi billion cross border events. A large element of the work is strategic in nature to ensure that the event is suitably scoped. The role involves substantial international travel.
- Development and delivery of Category Strategy
- Delivering value by effectively managing tender events
- Leads engagement of key stakeholders both internally and externally
- Scope and develop regional / global contractual agreements
- Runs complex or high value sourcing events with minimal support
Required capabilities will include:
- Experience of strategic sourcing and category management
- An understanding of project management principles
- Where relevant experience of contract managing a portfolio of suppliers
- Experience using analytical tools and techniques
- Experience of presenting data to support informed business decisions
- Good working understanding of EU or utility procurement directives
- Good understanding of contract drafting principles
- Ability to build effective relationships
- Demonstrates innovation, drive and enthusiasm
- Use initiative and influence to deliver new commercial solutions to the organisation
- Motivate themselves and others, with a positive and professional attitude
- A results-oriented individual who thrives on challenging timelines
Educated to degree-standard, you'll have significant experience in strategic sourcing and category management. You've led a highly complex or valuable procurement event from start to finish; developed high value category-specific strategies; and led negotiations at a senior level. Furthermore, you've handled multiple projects and a portfolio of suppliers. In short, you're a skilled professional in your field, with exceptional commercial acumen. Ideally MCIPS-qualified (or working towards this), you can use analytical tools, build strong working relationships and present persuasively. Now you're ready to use these talents plus innovative thinking and your drive for results to bring business value and new commercial solutions.