Principal Buyer - Indirect Services (Travel & Communications)
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 plus excellent benefits and career progression opportunities
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading engineering and technology business in the UK Indirect Procurement team responsible for the HR services, Travel, Consultancies and Communications for the UK categories working closely to compliment Group level strategies.
A perfect role for an indirect procurement professional looking to take the next step in their career and join a fast-paced, multi-national, energetic procurement team where there will be ample opportunities for promotion. You will be provided on-the-job training, mentoring and also opportunities for further professional development.
- Prepare and issue all documentation for Request for Proposals to potential suppliers
- Organise and chair all tender meetings through to authorisation
- Support the category lead in contract negotiations with suppliers
- Developing and attending supplier contract reviews with the internal customer
- Organising supplier performance review meetings in line with the contracted meeting schedules
- Supervising two Principal Buyers within the UK General Procurement team.
- Ensure suppliers are compliant with service level agreements
- Management of relationships with preferred suppliers.
Skills and Experience:
- Competent and experienced buyer, with a proven track record in managing indirect suppliers
- Enthusiastic, proactive and adaptable individual able to deal with complex situations and effectively influence internal stakeholders
- Experience in negotiating with poor performing suppliers
- Experience in drafting tender documentation
- Strong organisational and motivational skills
- Good analytical skills and able to analyse data and produce recommendations to the category lead
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office IT packages (SAP, Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) as advanced research and analytical skills are required
For information or to apply please get in touch with Chris Jackson at Procurement People.