(Construction/ Civil Engineering)
£35,000 - £40,000
This is an excellent opportunity to join a Global Construction and Engineering organisation supporting them in providing commercial management for one of the largest infrastructure projects in the UK.
The Nuclear New Build (NNB) Commercial Assistant is an important role within the NNB Commercial Group where you will be responsible for the provision of advice and information on contract changes including proposed scope changes, recommending appropriate action and producing required documentation along with ensuring that contractual deliverables are met.
As the NNB Commercial Assistant you will be required to work closely and pro-actively with the other team members at all levels and across all the teams within Nuclear New Build to ensure that the requirements of the individual contracts and their impact upon the overall HPC Project are successfully delivered.
- Assessment and valuation of Contractor's applications and the processing of payment certificates in accordance with the contractual terms and conditions.
- Measures from drawings or on site to establish quantities and review payment applications.
- Assessment of daywork records and accounts.
- Ensuring contractual deliverables are met.
- Review of Contractor deliveries including where appropriate attending valuation and progress review meetings.
- Monitor and report on commercial aspects of the contract and/or project flagging issues at the earliest opportunity to the Commercial Manager.
- Preparation of commercial cost reports and progress measurement.
- Compilation of Supplier Performance and Lessons Learnt Reports.
- Undertake final account reviews, settlements and reconciliations to facilitate project close out.
- Administration of commercial management tools including, but not limited to, CEMAR and SAP.
- Provide commercial support to the Project Manager in the effective delivery of the contract.
- Work with collaborative behaviours, in a spirit of mutual trust and cooperation.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Either educated to degree level, or have relevant work experience with ability to demonstrate a track record of successful contract administration.
- Experience of working as part of a team within a commercial environment.
- Good working knowledge contracts, basic estimating, valuations, cost reporting and financial modelling.
- Basic understanding of contract performance measurement, risk management and change and claim management.
- Good negotiating, influencing and communication skills to command professional respect at all levels is essential.