Job Title: Software Engineer
Salary: £ 38,000 - £40,000 per annum
Sector: Software Engineering / Defence
All applications to: Bristol.firstname.lastname@example.org
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Software Engineer to join a leading engineering and software design company based in Bristol.
The successful candidate will work individually and within a team environment of multi-disciplined specialists and engineering disciplines to achieve program results and customer deliverables in a timely and accurate manner. The role will also involve assisting in business development activities by contributing to proposal documents for new prospects to expand the work stream.
As a Software Engineer your duties will involve:
To undertake software design, development, integration and unit test activities across a range of SEA projects. The role will include:
- Requirements capture and analysis.
- Software Architecture and detailed design.
- Extensive use of OOA/OOD/OOP.
- Software development.
- Software validation and verification (unit, module, integration, system and acceptance testing).
- Contribution to bid work.
An ideal Software Engineer will hold the following skills and experience:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- At least 3, and preferably 5, years' experience in software engineering.
- Experience of a high-integrity software development environment, where systems are mission-critical, business-critical or safety-critical.
- Experience of developing and deploying web applications.
- Single Page App frameworks (ideally Angular 2)
- C# .NET
- C# unit test frameworks
- Knowledge of software development methodologies
- Full lifecycle experience
- Version control (mercurial or git)
- ASP.NET MVC and Web API
- HTML, CSS, Bootstrap
- Cloud platforms (e.g. Azure, OpenStack, … )
- Continuous Integration (ideally Jenkins)
- Messaging frameworks (Azure Service Bus, RabbitMQ)
- iOS and Android app development