An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quality Inspector to join an independent precision engineering company who supply to the aerospace, MOD, medical, food and pharmaceutical industries
As Quality Inspector your duties will involve:
- Issuing first offs and carrying out Final Inspection on finished machined parts within a busy Workshop environment
- Using drawing to understand and meet customer requirements
- Work methodically through tasks to ensure quality is not compromised when under time constraints.
- Assisting with the purchasing of new equipment for final inspection.
An ideal Quality will hold the following skills and experience:
- Time served engineering apprenticeship would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience with ISO 9001:2008 is essential and experience of AS9100 will be a distinct advantage
- Experience of using all hand held measuring instruments such as Micrometers, Verniers, Shadow graph and bore mics.
- Experience with CMM measuring systems
- Experience of First Article Inspection reports which are specifically used within the aerospace industry
- Good understanding of engineering Drawings
- Excellent communication skills as with the ability to liaise senior management and shop floor staff
- The ability to work efficiently independently utilising own initiative equally as part of a team.
- IT Literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office is essential
The role is based on a 40 hours a week
Monday - Thursday 0730 - 1645 & Friday 0730 - 1230.
With an opportunity to work overtime. Overtime is paid at time and a quarter Monday - Friday and time a half on Saturday