An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Planner to join a leading engineering and software design company based in Barnstaple.
As an Project Planner your duties will involve:
- Checking of drawings for accuracy against requirements, preparing bills of materials using a computerised system. (Experience in using MS Dynamics AX 2012 would be an advantage).
- From the bills of materials and drawings prepare computer manufacturing tasks for the assemblies.
- Prepare the route sheets against the works tasks, these would be multi operation including sub contract processing on some items. The route sheets would detail manufacturing operations highlighting any special requirements. Produce picking lists for stores.
- Production control, liaising with the workshops on progress of tasks.
- Forecasting of deliveries in line with company/customer expectations for inputs into monthly reviews.
- Configuration control, tracking of drawing changes and concessions.
- Liaison with other departments.
- Inputs for estimating and forecasting of bids/tasking activities.
- Delivery of Project Milestones to meet schedule.
- Meeting KPI's.
- Working within agreed budgets.
An ideal Project Planner will hold the following skills and experience:
- Engineering background with minimum qualifications of NVQ3, ONC or equivalent.
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication and computer skills.
- Experience of production and engineering practices.
- Be prepared to accept responsibility and work autonomously.
- Flexibility to respond to changing business needs.