An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quality Engineer to join an entrepreneurial manufacturing company in Bristol.
As Quality Engineer your duties will involve:
- Ensure compliance to HS&E regulations and procedures, to ensure the safety of all site personnel in accordance with company policies.
- Audit Quality systems, product and processes in accordance with ISO 9001 company Quality policy and procedures.
- Lead and support improvement projects - LEAN deployment, continuous improvement and 5S.
- Champion and support 8D problem resolution for both processes and product.
- Work towards personal and company KPI's.
- Analysis of data, utilising site databases and enhancing systems for efficient use of data to drive improvement.
- Carry out statistical analysis to establish and control process/product variation.
- Apply APQP and PPAP methodology in support of new product introduction, generating documentation as applicable including: control plans, photobooks and master retains.
- Contribute to Design Feasibility Reviews, Component review agreements and generation of PFMEAs.
- Carry out gauge R&R studies and compile gauge instructions as required.
An ideal Quality Engineer will hold the following skills and experience:
- Experience and understanding of ISO 9001 quality systems and standards.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing processes and quality tools and techniques i.e VSMs, 5S, Work Place Organisation, PDCA, Visual Management, Kaizen.
- Produce KPI's.
- Experience and understanding of meeting Health and Safety requirements.
- Adhering to Quality Policy and Procedures.
- MRP concept and knowledge.
- Be able to operate in an Lean and CI mind-set.
- Capable to comprehending and achieving production process principles.