An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Unit Manager to join the UK's largest supplier of bulk construction aggregates.
As a Unit Manager your duties will involve:
- Leading, directing and managing the operational team to achieve its performance objectives.
- Health and Safety: Operating to the highest level of health and safety objectives in line with Hanson's Health and Safety Plan. Action a plan of continuous improvement in this area.
- Environmental: Operating to the highest level of environmental objectives in line with Hanson's Environmental Management Plan. Action a plan of continuous improvement in this area.
- Compliance: Ensure all statutory legislation and company regulations are adhered to with respect to all operational activities.
- Operations: Achieve optimum production levels in line with commercial activity at the lowest operation cost. Continually advance operational improvements to improve efficiency with the production functions.
- Distribution: Working with the logistics function to ensure operational procedures are such that highest customer service levels can be achieved at the most efficient operational cost.
- Quality: Working with the technical function to ensure operational procedures are such that the highest quality levels are achieved at the most efficient operational cost.
- Business Analysis: Working with the Operations Manager to ensure all operational management information is accurate, relevant and is used effectively to assist in the management of the business and the progression of all profit enhancing opportunities.
The role also involves a number of wider aspects, including;
- Resource Planning: Ensure that your site management teams are adequately resourced and that personnel are trained and developed. Assets should be in place and maintained to ensure the business plan can be delivered. Ensure personnel are effectively developed and become highly competent, and to identify and progress any employees with the potential to further their career through the business and a successional line is in place to facilitate this activity.
- Directing: Provide leadership to the site teams, ensuring that operational goals and expectations are understood and personnel are proactively developed.
- Controlling: Ensure operational control mechanisms are effectively implemented covering all relevant aspects (including Health & Safety, environmental controls, capex management control, revenue spend controls).
An ideal Unit Manager will hold the following skills and experience:
- Higher level either vocational or educational.
- NVQ Level 5 in SHE quarry operations.
- Minimum 5 years relevant operational experience.
- Experience of multi-site operations.