An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Systems Integration Engineer to join a leading engineering and software design company based in Bristol.
As Systems Integration Engineer your duties will involve:
- Equipment, sub-system and system level testing to agreed test plans, or ad-hoc as required to support the integration activities.
- Accurately recording test results.
- Fault diagnosis and analysis.
- Control and management of the equipment configuration.
- Installation of equipment, including modifications and upgrades.
- Setting to work on platforms.
- Defect clearance as required.
- Non-installed Trial/ Installed Trial/ Acceptance.
- In-service support activities.
- Production of test specifications, method statements, risk assessments and other documentation to support work activities.
- Production and review of technical documentation.
- Procurement of project materials.
- Technical investigation, integration and test activities.
- Support to wider Naval Communications activities as required, to include projects, bids and business development.
An ideal Systems Integration Engineer will hold the following skills and experience:
- An understanding of test and measurement methods.
- An understanding of physical and electrical interfaces (e.g. RS232/422), preferably with a strong understanding of electrical/electronic theory.
- Working knowledge of Naval Communications equipment preferable.
- Experienced with operating standard Microsoft Office tools.
Although the role is based at Beckington, Frome the candidate should expect to spend significant periods of time working off-site in Plymouth, Faslane, Barrow-in-Furness and Frimley.