An immediate opportunity has arisen within the Bidford-on-Avon manufacturing operation of a global medical technology company for a Process Engineer
The role, part of the Operations Team, is focused on development of new and current manufacturing processes, improving efficiency, utilisation and reduction/elimination of all waste forms. This will involve participation in project teams responsible for all activities dealing with process validation of production equipment, from initial ideas to implementation of processes, including costing and budget controls. There will also be involvement in sourcing new technologies and / or processes to support the continuous improvement strategy of the plant.
The main functions of the role will be:
- Validation practitioner for the plant on new and existing processes
- Fully documented trials / validations in accordance with internal business procedures.
- Keep abreast of technological developments in process engineering
- Identify the activities required to improve manufacturing processes
- Creation of project plans to determine improvement activities and quantify the savings gained
- Organise and coordinate the activities identified.
- Selection and management of equipment suppliers
- Specification of equipment and service requirements
- Introduce new products into production
Candidates should be experienced in process improvement role within a high volume environment. Specific experience within a highly regulated industry will be highly advantageous, as will any knowledge of common machine shop, assembly, finishing and simple injection moulding processes
The ideal candidate will have
- Relevant qualification in an engineering, manufacturing or quality related discipline
- Good understanding of Continuous Improvement principles to include Lean & Six Sigma
- Experience gained from within a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of requirements of working in the medical device industry (FDA, ISO 9001) preferable but not essential
- Good problem analysis ability.
- Ability to work in a project team or as an individual
- Ability to travel (UK, Europe, USA if required)
- Flexible towards working hours
- Able to work in a clean room environment
- Knowledge of statistics
The position reports to the Continuous Improvement manager and represents the opportunity to further strengthen what is already a very successful manufacturing organisation.
In return a salary up to £35000 per annum will be offered, dependent on experience