A fantastic opportunity for a CAD Technician has arisen at a Redditch company who specialise in the deisgn production of exhibition stands . The role will be to support the manufacturing facility by producing 2D drawings which will determine the cutting shapes of various boards. This is a varied and interesting permanent role.
The role is drawing office based and will involve the use of AutoCAD 2D to produce detailed drawings. There will also be the need to attend the shop floor manufacturing area to liaise with the manufacturing team in order to measure, develop and advise on manufactured product
The role will include:
- 2D Draughting (AutoCAD) of production drawings
- Surveying / measuring of plant and equipment
- Contributing towards the development of new products
- Liaising with other parts of a manufacturing organisation
- Maintaining drawing files
It is expected that a candidate with good 2D CAD ability and a sound understanding of mechanical or architectural engineering will be able to undertake the role. Proven ability with AutoCAD is essential, with the confidence to produce accurate and timely work as required.
To be considered for the role, candidates should be able to demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
- Architectural / Exhibition / Joinery / Engineering knowledge ideally holding a recognised qualification
- 2D CAD ability with proven ability with AutoCAD
- Ability to survey / measure existing or development works within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to liaise with customers and other third parties if required
- Knowledge of common windows based and office software packages
The position has been set up on a Permanent basis and is a great opportunity to make an impact within a small and friendly team environment. Salary will be offered dependant on experience in a band in the range of £23,400 - £30,000 annum. Candidates who feel they have suitable skills and qualifications are invited to apply, giving an indication of salary expectations. For more information or a detailed discussion, contact Darius Barnes on 01527 68585 or forward details to email@example.com