There is an immediate requirement for an experienced Toolmaker / Toolroom Machinist
to join the Toolroom of a successful manufacturing company based in Redditch.
The role would ideally suit a time-served toolmaker or engineer who has suitable experience in the production and repair of close tolerance tooling for precision pressed components ranging from 150 Ton presses down to small hand presses.
- Apprentice qualified Toolmaker / Engineer holding a recognised qualification
- Proven Toolmaking experience gained from pressed component / spring / wireforming industry
- Proficient in conventional machining practices including: milling, turning, surface grinding, drilling
- Good Electrical Discharge Machining ability (wire erosion)
- Experience in making and repairing jigs and fixtures
- Self motivated and able to manage own workload
- Flexible, cooperative and conscientious approach
- Previous exposure to an aerospace / automotive environment an advantage
- Willingness to progress and develop
- Any knowledge of tooling design or previous use of CAM packages an advantage
This vacancy represents the opportunity to join a very established and stable manufacturer based in Redditch. Joining an existing toolroom, the successful candidate will not only be given the chance to secure the next phase of their toolroom career, but will also be given the opportunity to progress if desired. The successful candidate will be fully supported with specific training and development as appropriate.
The role is based on a standard day shift with the ability to accommodate occasional overtime to ensure production continuity as and when required. The salary for the role is based in the range of £28000 - £30000 per annum, dependent on skills and experiences that can be brought to the role.