An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Warehouse manager to join a Redditch based manufacturer.
Reporting to the Production Manager the role is responsible for the effective management of the goods in/dispatch & international shipping to ensure customer requirements are met in full.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Motivating, organising and encouraging staff within the warehouse.
- Developing and Training the teams
- Monitoring staff performance & progress
- Process adherence and auditing
- Promoting a collaborative and health and safety conscious work ethic
- Ensuring stock integrity is maintained throughout
- Management and KPI reporting
- Effective and informative shift handovers
- Conflict management
- Prioritisation of workload
- Effective communication and escalation
- Customer contact
- Keeping stock control systems up-to-date and planning future capacity requirements
- Manage picks and loading of vehicles
- Managing staff to ensure standards are continuously met to include:
- 5's disciplines are adhered
- Oversee planned maintenance of equipment
- Handle any non-conforming materials according to processes and procedures
- To assist with any containment issues for customer upon instruction
- Support stock takes as required
The ideal candidate will have gained relevant experience from within a distribution / logistics / warehousing environment, and will be able to demonstrate competency with regard to the duties stated above. Experience of supplying into the automotive sector is preferred, with specific knowledge of sequenced supply being highly desirable. Fork Lift Truck licences (Counter Balance) are beneficial as is a flexible approach towards the needs of the business.
The position is based on a day shift of 40 hours per week, covering Monday to Friday.
In return there is the chance to join an established production company who offer high levels of service within their operations. Salary is negotiable, dependant on skills and experience that can be displayed. Overtime (when available) is paid in addition at a premium rate.